Monday, August 20, 2007

H is for Harry Potter


Isn't EGG clever? He combined two of my favourite things in life--a trip to the movies and drinking wine. But I'm ahead of myself.


I was slightly underwhelmed when EGG announced that Harry Potter was my H, but then he followed throught with the magic words "Gold Class" and I was all aflutter.

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I had never been to Gold Class before. Before I joined the Gold Class Club (GCC) I will own up to perpetuating those misconceptions about GCC that float around like "why would I pay 35 bucks for something I can see for half that price" and "it can't be that good" and "what a fuss--it's just a flash chair in a movie theatre" and I'm here to tell you that I was wrong, wrong, wrong.

It is that good and it is worth double the money and it's so much more than a chair--it's an experience.

So for more than 2 hours, EGG and I luxuriated in the plush armchairs, legs resting on footstools, bottle of wine at the ready and snacks at our beck and call (check out the picture). This is how movies are meant to be viewed.

So if you hear anyone tell you that GCC is too dear and really isn't that good, then you know they've never actually been there.

Oh and the movie was good too.

H is for Harry Potter.