Wednesday, August 1, 2007

C is for Continental Cafe

You know this whole Alphabet Weekend thing was my idea, but I'm the one who keeps coming up with lame ideas for my letters.

This weekend I had C, but as I had been away for a whole week for work with no phone, no internet, no newspaper and no television, I had absolutely no idea what to do. I felt as if I had been in a black hole and indeed I had been--a communication/information black hole.

I was laying in bed when a brilliant idea came to me--Castlemaine Brewery. EGG and I have lived in Brisbane for 12 years, and had never done more than drink the stuff and drive past its Milton St headquarters. However the best laid plans...it didn't open for brewery tours on the weekend. Such a great idea.

I sort of went into anti-climax mode after that and settled for Continental Cafe, a favoured restaurant that does not need to be settled for, but it seemed a bit of a let down in the context of the alphabet rules.

EGG didn't mind in the least. He loves Continental Cafe and was looking forward to one of their fantastic breakfasts. So we scoffed eggs, toast, coffee and sides of Hollandaise sauce and walked away happy. But I'm still not satisfied.

C is for Continental Cafe--what a cop out.