Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I Know What We'll Do--Alphabet Weekends

Having just survived the most fantastic anniversay party, Easy Going Guy (EGG) and myself were experiencing a bit of an anti-climax. You know that anti-climax you get about five minutes after all the Christmas presents are opened and the wrapping paper is stewn around the floor? Well that's what we were like. We'd spent months planning our cocktail party and now what?

Itwas from a book that my bright idea evolved. I had just finished Elizabeth Noble's Alphabet Weekends (OK book, great story premise) and the plan evolved from there. Every weekend we would take an alternate letter of the alphabet and plan an activity around that letter. Simple.

I sat long-suffering EGG down and we nutted out some rules.
  • it had to be something that we wouldn't usually do
  • it had to be something that we would both enjoy
  • it couldn't be too expensive
  • no swapping letters
  • the letter owner had to organise all of the arrangements
  • activities were not to be divulged until the weekend
I couldn't wait for the weekend. I had A.